• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vid Card Temp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

How do you find out the temp of your video card i have a nvidia geforce2 gts. And what are good freq settings for this card i know it should run faster than default.

some manufacters have added the thermal sensors to some video cards, if yours has or has not them youll need a program to read the temperatures anyway; the program should come bundled in the video cards softwares. i know the GTS made by ASUS has the thermal sensors. otherwise you should add them by yourslef, which must be a very carefull mod.
i think that if the CD or the manual of the card has nothing about reading the temperatures, yours might not have the option.
when i need to check the temp on my video card i use just to put my finger very carefully above the heatsink. its not quite precise but it will let me know at least if the lockups r due to heat or not.

about the freq, this is something youll really need to test out with the card, hardass. because the limitations differ from card to card, even when both r from the same manufacter and model. this kind of thing depends a lot on the equipment itslef, like memory modules etc.

oTTO said:
some manufacters have added the thermal sensors to some video cards, if yours has or has not them youll need a program to read the temperatures anyway; the program should come bundled in the video cards softwares. i know the GTS made by ASUS has the thermal sensors. otherwise you should add them by yourslef, which must be a very carefull mod.
i think that if the CD or the manual of the card has nothing about reading the temperatures, yours might not have the option.
when i need to check the temp on my video card i use just to put my finger very carefully above the heatsink. its not quite precise but it will let me know at least if the lockups r due to heat or not.

about the freq, this is something youll really need to test out with the card, hardass. because the limitations differ from card to card, even when both r from the same manufacter and model. this kind of thing depends a lot on the equipment itslef, like memory modules etc.

I have it running at 230/350 now don,t see any problems. Thanks for the info.

my new soltek 75DRV4 came with an extra sensor. My temps are around 50 celsius, is that good.

It is best to go to radioshack and purchase a heat probe, however if you you dont feel like speanding any money you can just touch it if it burns you may have a problem.

you can get reading off the boards sensor using sandra if you dont need to be exact. mine shows 3 temp readings

I use the Digi-Doc 5 and my 8500 is reading 21.7c not overclocked. Overclocked it reads around 30c

Back