• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

realy dumb question vpn... errr i think??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

natopotato

hey this is probly a very simple question....

i have dsl and my friend has aol {its not his fault} any way we wana play games as if we were on a lan how do u creat this kind of lan connection over the inet

we used to do a dialup network with each other b4 i had dsl now how do we creat that kind of link again?

What kind of game are you playing? is your IP static?

If you're playing a game like Quake3, you have to start the server, and give him your IP. Have him connect to the net, punch your IP into Quake3, and it should connect.

yes i have a static ip and games like D2 and Q3 do work good that way but i wana play Counter stike lan [he does not have a legit cdkey so we cant do net games] so i need a virtual lan? duno... i would also like easy file transfer like u do with a lan.. is this possible... can i have it so i see his comp in my windows network workgroup thing?

ohh yea and for some reason even though i have a static ip my fiend can never join my games? duno why tried with D2 and he could not connect.... but thats a different problem

ideas?

natopotato said:
yes i have a static ip and games like D2 and Q3 do work good that way but i wana play Counter stike lan he does not have a legit cdkey so we cant do net games so i need a virtual lan?

That would mean that he has an ILLEGAL COPY of the game!!!

I am sorry, but we cannot discuss how to get around software protection like that. Have your friend spend the 25 dollars (keep the developers employed) and then you will not have a problem...

ok... sorry about the Counter stike thing then we need a lan type connection for alot of reasons can sombody plz help!!!

Back