• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok cheap rams sucks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mhypertext

I just bought anther stick of 256 pc2100 (cheap ram)

my computer is now slower
because before i was running 1 stick at Cas latency of 2.0 turbo
the new stick is crashing my system every time i set it to manual latency (normal 2.0 2.5 turbo 2.0 2.5 )

the new stick hates those settings so i am taking it back and going to get some real ram.

i have a A7n266-e board that supports u to pc2100 ddr ram
and no overclocking features as far as the ram goes the only feature i can choose is the Cas latency

my question is what are some good 256 sticks with a low latency 2.0 for example ( ones that will crunch with no problems and like the low settings)?

Last edited:
Allways a little risky getting cheap stuff.
But looking at ur sig. i can tell that ur probably used to bad performance ;)

Have two sticks of pc100 ram that does 133 cas 2 btw, thats kinda lucky :burn:

I had bought some 256 sticks for my a7m266 a while back that would only do 129fsb at default settings. After that, I learned never to trust cheap ram. I now have a couple of 256ers of pc2400 from corsair that work wonderfully at cas2 turbo. Crucial is another wonderful brand that people always have success with.

wellll i took it back and just kept the one stick that will do CL2

at 172 fsb

guess what the stick is samsung it seems to be great stuff i am having no problems what so ever running at my speeds

Back