• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS ROG Maximus IX Apex Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Intel has recently released Union Point, the Z270 chipset, for their new desktop CPU lineup. ASUS has taken this opportunity to redefine their motherboard lineup a bit and go back to their ROG roots with the ASUS ROG Maximus IX Apex. The Apex line is made specifically with an eye on overclocking, particularly extreme overclocking, when looking at its feature set. Never fear! Enthusiasts, Gamers, and RGB LED lovers will not be forgotten either! Read on to see some of the great features the Apex has and we will look into its performance and overclocking.

Click here to view the article.

Great work as usual ED.

The price point seems really good for a board of this caliber.

So when does it go in the classies at a deep discount? :chair:

Great work as usual ED.

The price point seems really good for a board of this caliber.

So when does it go in the classies at a deep discount? :chair:

Great write up Joe, it really is one solid motherboard. IMO even at retail this board is at a discount.

Great to see a board aimed at the benching community in this price range

Asus must be taking the OCF line seriously these days as this board is a chip off the old OCF

Have to say if I was buying into z270 this is where my coin would go

Thanks for taking the time Joe

This one is a keeper folks.. sorry. :)

I'll be going cold VERY soon on this board. Going to get my chips prepped (delidded, better tim, relidded) today, and then get an os on a separate ssd. I'll you keep you posted on when... and I may livestream it during the day. :)

Good luck bud, hope your session goes better than mine did.

FYI, I will go ahead and Livestream this starting tomorrow (saturday 2/25) around 5PM EST. I will post up the Livestream link here around that time when I'm live. :)

Back