• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok i joined up!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

ok finally i joined the folding team. one reason because we got about 25 pc's im quite sure i can put to fold mwuahah :D
and i wanna see how it works and if it disturbs regular work or slows me down.

LtMax

Lt. Max said:
ok finally i joined the folding team. one reason because we got about 25 pc's im quite sure i can put to fold mwuahah :D

LtMax

25???? :eek: what are the proc speeds?

ohhhh

WELCOME TO THE FOLD

Lt. Max said:

LtMax

I believe that it really only disturbs regular people, but none of us have slowed down becuase of it. ;)

Welcome to the Team Lt. Max. :D There are lot's of folks who'd be happy to help you put those 25 PC's to good use. :)

oh theres 24 in the lab that im first gonna ask, cause i have a class there, but theres 24 more in another lab, but illl first see how they do in the first one. the first one they are p3 800 wit 256 RAM and a 32 meg vid card (dont remember name) HP comps. :D

and then we have a ****load of macs all over the building... i kno about 8 of them in my bio teachers room, she was interested, but they arent os X so i cant put those to fold can i?

Thats great! Glad to have you as part of the team. Think you'll find that the program is very well written, it doesn't mess with any of my programs or games.
25 pcs, that'll really help!:cool:

Lt. Max said:
oh theres 24 in the lab that im first gonna ask, cause i have a class there, but theres 24 more in another lab, but illl first see how they do in the first one. the first one they are p3 800 wit 256 RAM and a 32 meg vid card (dont remember name) HP comps. :D

and then we have a ****load of macs all over the building... i kno about 8 of them in my bio teachers room, she was interested, but they arent os X so i cant put those to fold can i?

wow that's awesome if you can get those.
THe macs will need to be OS X. The only other option may be emulation, but I don't know anyone who's tried that yet. Not sure it would work.

Lt. Max,

Welcome!!! I've assigned six computer's here at my office to folding and none of the end users (including myself who knows the program is running) notices any difference in performance. I'll be adding more as the week progresses.

If you have any questions about how to make the program invisible, do ask. You can keep it from showing up in the task bar, desktop, quick start etc.

Fold on brother,

Wedo

Re: asked teacher.

Lt. Max said:
i asked my computer teacher about those computers, he said he will have to ask the district about that. fingers crossed :D

I hope you can get those folding, we could really use the extra production right now to hold our #3 position. If not, don't worry about, you're comp will do fine ;) WELCOME TO THE FOLD(fingers crossed as well)

Re: asked teacher.

Lt. Max said:
i asked my computer teacher about those computers, he said he will have to ask the district about that. fingers crossed :D

We had a problem at our school - as WUs were being downloaded through the HTTP proxy through the firewall it was considered a security risk. I had to remove it from most computers. They were only Cell433s, anyway, Wouldn't have got much work done.

KEWL. Welcome to the fold.
Those 25 PCs can help us a lot, and u can't even notice it running
have my fingers crossed as well :p

Now, I like your avatar :beer:

Back