• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who is this guy?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
I was looking at Rage3D's user list just now and damn! Where did this guy come from?! 373 CPUs! Wow...good thing their #2 is so far behind cuz this one guy seems to do half the folding of their whole team.

Yeah I've been wondering about him as well. I would like to know what and where he folds....

So they have one guy pulling almost 15% of their weight, and the rest of the top ten are doing roughly the another 15-20%, so the rest of their 696 members are doing only 70%.

Argh.

Therefore, we need to go out and find THE guy, or girl, who has access to a monster network.

Wedo

I think he should be disqualified if he doesnt have ati rage cards in everyone of those pcs :)

Ebola said:
I think he should be disqualified if he doesnt have ati rage cards in everyone of those pcs :)

uh oh. anyone have a few ati rage cards?? Only my laptop has an ati chip in it ;)

Tweaked! said:
(gets my rifle)
Lets go hunt him down!:D

You got it all wrong, you need to find his machines and covertly slip into his network and change the team number to 32 on said machines, then slip back into the darkness :beer:

Silversinksam said:

You got it all wrong, you need to find his machines and covertly slip into his network and change the team number to 32 on said machines, then slip back into the darkness :beer:

right masterchief........

[mode=shadow] i'm off.... [/shadow]

:)

Silversinksam said:

(Grabs rainbow colered ski mask):D

I"M GAME!!!

if i had the ring of power i could go change it without them ever knowing...or even better just use my newfound powers to rule over [h] and rage3d and make them ALL fold for us :)

ok its obvious SOMEONE just saw LOTR again recently

jeff

Jeff Bolton said:
if i had the ring of power i could go change it without them ever knowing...or even better just use my newfound powers to rule over [h] and rage3d and make them ALL fold for us :)

ok its obvious SOMEONE just saw LOTR again recently

jeff

In that case....screw going anywhere...send the Nazgul to do the deed. :D

good point, what was i thinking? :rolleyes:

actually they couldn't do the job right. don't send the undead to do a dark lord's job :)

(i know they're neither living or dead, but it fit, ok???) lol

jeff

Jeff Bolton said:
good point, what was i thinking? :rolleyes:

actually they couldn't do the job right. don't send the undead to do a dark lord's job :)

(i know they're neither living or dead, but it fit, ok???) lol

jeff

Well...they did a fair job of convincing Sauruman to "switch Teams"....:p

They don't scare me!
NOBODY TOSSES A DWARF!!!!

It's sort of funny to note the accent of each character. A smatter of Europeans, it seems.

Where is Tom Bombadill :confused: :confused: he was so funny...

I think rather than search out one guy, lets just make the machines we have do more for us! Overclock the things till they scream out in mortal pain!! :D

btw, I'm still hunting around for more PCs for team 32. Not managed much tho :(.

i hate winme. but 3rd time's a charm:

that guy is a server rackmount administrator at a fairly large hosting company with lots of dual xp2000+ servers.

Ryoko said:
that guy is a server rackmount administrator at a fairly large hosting company with lots of dual xp2000+ servers.

If he is, then there are a ton of websites that are being server a little slower without the hostee's knowledge that their dedicated box is being used for folding.

I'm calling my hosting company :D

And if you can believe this.... I have two machine's, one dual PII 300 that used to be a file server, and a Celeron 400, that I can't plug into my network because I need a *hub*.... I'm so irritated :mad:

/off to find a hobbit with a $10 hub.

Wedo

LOL

he used some program to find out cpu utilization (dual xp2000+'s are serious overkill) and found out that more than 90% of cpu time is going to waste. he's actually running it on 350 servers (x2 for dual cpu's). he's the highest producing member in the world, but he will soon be dwarfed.

Back