• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What´s happen? I´m loosing my WU´s!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firehawk

Please help me here... I´m loosing my WU´s.
When I hit Transmit, I do receive that nice message "Transmiting error". My WU go away and do not count. What is going on? 3 days of this now, I lost about 30 WU´s
Now I do a backup before I send, but no matter what, I still receive that message. Send 25 WU´s today, just have 3 credits:mad:

That's been happening to some of the members from time to time. You have done the very first thing you needed: caching your results and backuping them.

Next move will be trying to upload them early in the morning or late in the night. You might be getting in some problem with the bandwidth allowance at berkeley. If you do it in a low bandwidth requierement time, you WU should pass through nicely to the berkeley server.

This is what has worked for me, as I'm on a dial up connection at home (main cruncher)......

Damn, it´s not working. I try to send about 10 times the same work units without success, and I´m feeling the server is rejecting it like if I try to send the same unit more than once.
This is ****ing me off... I´m really working hard to crunch here just to lose my WU´s...
If I send a 20wu´s block, about just 2 or 3 is accepted in the first try. Then I try to send again and again and no one more is accepted.

Yeh i had something strange happen in the last 2 days also. I average 12-13 wu's per day but yesterday only credited for 10 and today 5! There are none waiting to be sent either!

Well, perhaps it´s not only with me. I guess is better we backup our WU´s and let SETI see what´s happen.

Firehawk:

Backup your units, and wait at least one day to retransmit them. Usually when you try to retransmit right away the same WU it's rejected inmediatly. Only when some hours (haven't seen how many) you can send one, berkeley takes it, analyze the other ones you have credited and then add it to its database.

Patience is the key, this usually happens as soon as your output begins to increase.....Hope you have some luck.

Thank you guys. Looks like today my WU´s are going again, for now, but no deal about that 25-30 that I cached. Well, I´ll forget about that and move on, hopping it will not happen again so soon. Thank you again for the input.

No deal =P
I´m really upset, almost giving up to crunch... about a week now and more than 95% wu´s lost.
Sorry for the newbie question, but how can I use setiqueue? Please explain that like if I have 5 years old :)

Back