• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arcane

Registered
everytime i try to install a game in winxp pro...during the middle of the installation, my pc will reboot by itself...is this a xp issue??? in order to install my games i usually have to reformat the hdd and reinstall ALL the games i had all over again....well, i just bought blood omen 2 and decided to ask here before i format and reinstall...(tried uninstalling xp and installing in 98se, same error)...

another question...i know most games are more stable with the fat32 file system, are there any issues using NTFS with a pure gaming rig???

I've played many games on my XP Pro NTFS partition, such as C&C Renegade, HL and CS, Diablo 2, Ghost Recon, Tony Hawk 3. Not many problems installing or playing them. :D

Try downloading the latest drivers for your system, video, sound card, and go to Windows Update, get all the patches and application compatibility updates.

Yakbak said:
1. Not many problems installing or playing them...
2. Try downloading the latest drivers for your system, video, sound card, and go to Windows Update, get all the patches and application compatibility updates.

1. not many ? what problems did you encounter???
2. did it, did it, did it, and did it...still no good...hmmm...maybe it's my xp pro cd-rom...

You might want to try returning your chip to it's default speed when attempting to install any software...W2K and XP both seem to be more finicky about this sort of thing, as compared to other MS OS's. I've occasionally run into problems trying to install SP2 in W2K, as well as 3DMark and some Windows updates in both the aforementioned OS's...they won't install correctly when the chip is OC'd. Everything runs stable including Prime, Seti and [email protected] need to run at default clock until after the software/updates are installed.;)

Back