• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No video...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Poogi

I came home today to find that I had no picture(I pretty much leave my computer on constantly). So I restart and still get no picture. I've tried 2 different cards with 2 different monitors and still get no picture. It still boots(according to the status LED's), but there's no video output. Could it be my motherboard? Any help would be appreciated.

fans turning on??? hdd light and power light coming on??? what bios are you using??? what beeps, if any, do you get??? this would help many people solve your problem...right now it could be many things...let us know more details...thanks

i dont know if any one has welcomed you to the fourms yet but here goes WELCOME TO THE FOURMS

btw i think im goin with xl on the cpu bein fried, what is your setup?

Everything goes on fine, so I don't think it's a fried CPU. I had pretty good temps on my CPU(around 27C idle). All fans come on, HDD and Power LED's come on. It's a P3-800 with an MSI Intel 815 EP Pro motherboard, 256 MB SDRAM, the card is a MSI Starforce 2 Pro(GeForce 2 Pro) 64MB DDR, has a blue orb on it and RAMsinks on the memory. I dunno the HDD, it's a 30GB I tore out of an old HP Invent.

I've gotten it to work, but as soon as the memory test is complete, it goes back to giving me no picture.

do you have a pc speaker connected directly tp the motherboard to check error beeps? Cand you try and see somehow maybe if just the AGP port went bad, maybe a PCI video card. Maybe your reset button or your sleep button is jammed. I'm just throwing out ideas now :)

No PCI video cards available to test, and no beeps. Think my AGP port is just fried? I have a PCI sound card hooked up, and I can hear the start up sounds when my OS boots up.

woah, you can hear is start...

Make sure you're bypassing any KVM stwitches you may use, and moniter cable extenders. Check the pins on the moniter and make sure they're not bent, or broken off.

Poogi said:
Everything goes on fine, so I don't think it's a fried CPU. I had pretty good temps on my CPU(around 27C idle). All fans come on, HDD and Power LED's come on. It's a P3-800 with an MSI Intel 815 EP Pro motherboard, 256 MB SDRAM, the card is a MSI Starforce 2 Pro(GeForce 2 Pro) 64MB DDR, has a blue orb on it and RAMsinks on the memory. I dunno the HDD, it's a 30GB I tore out of an old HP Invent.

*reread the recent posts...i think it's your agp port too...did you have your vid card or cpu overclocked???

Back