• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory dumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bagadonutz

i just built a gigabyte 7vrxp with amd 2000 processor and ocz pc3000 memory with asus v7100 pure pro video card. my processor has a dr. thermal extreme sink and fan. my hard drive is a ibm djna-371350 ata66 . the machine reads cold 38-40 degrees cel. sissandra winbench and burn wizard all check out. but three times a day or more i get a memory dump. tried to read with dumpchk.exe but it won't let me. is something incompatible harddrive or video? help!

bagadonutz said:
i just built a gigabyte 7vrxp with amd 2000 processor and ocz pc3000 memory with asus v7100 pure pro video card. my processor has a dr. thermal extreme sink and fan. my hard drive is a ibm djna-371350 ata66 . the machine reads cold 38-40 degrees cel. sissandra winbench and burn wizard all check out. but three times a day or more i get a memory dump. tried to read with dumpchk.exe but it won't let me. is something incompatible harddrive or video? help!

well I don't have the answer to your question ,other than I will say thats a hell of a system you put together,the only weak link is the HDD ,in my opinion.

the only other question ,(without looking up the mobo) is ,does the mobo have a AGP pro slot on it?

and where do you have the cpu voltage and fsb set at?or is it stock?

You will probably get better answers over here in operating systems as it is memory dumps you are having I could have put it in general hardware but thought this would be better

bagadonutz said:
You didn't mention which OS you're using, but if it's XP...the following MSKB articles might be of some help to you:

memory dump

thanks for the reply, yeah i think you might be right. i am running stock. i orinally thought it was quick change hard drive holder, so i removed that. also i repaired the os instead of a fresh install. since at first i was getting a innaccesible boot error.

the os is win2k pro, i've been reading them for the last hour i'm just waiting for another dump. i changed the size of the dump to a mini dump that should help.

The following articles apply to Windows 2000...

Last edited:
Back