• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super Cool those radiators without condensation:D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SaT985

Registered
I just had an appifany. I thought of a way to make a custom radiator, or chiller if you will. after reading this article and thinking about it.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips128/

make one of those exept make the fins out of copper. make a copper box to sit it in, then fill it with water. on the 4 outer sides of the copper cube put say 56w tec's with coldside inwards. then use copper sheets, to make one huge row of fins. like that exmarine guy did to make his own cpu hs. then slap some 120mm fans on it. that would essentialy dissipate the heat that the radiator is to do but on a much larger scale, ontop of that it would super cool the water running inside the copper coils, inside the copper box. you wouldnt need to use any r134a or any other fancy refrigerant. and if it were too cold you could make the power to the tec's adjustable, lower the power, lower the cooling effect. or reverse 2 of the tecs plates, opposite sides of the cube. and cut power to say 50% on those 2. would cancel some of the heat out, and if the hot/cold is distributed evenly there wouldnt be much of a problem. lemme know what you think....

I just had an appifany. I thought of a way to make a custom radiator, or chiller if you will. after reading this article and thinking about it.

http://www.overclockers.com/tips128/

make one of those exept make the fins out of copper. make a copper box to sit it in, then fill it with water. on the 4 outer sides of the copper cube put say 56w tec's with coldside inwards. then use copper sheets, to make one huge row of fins. like that exmarine guy did to make his own cpu hs. then slap some 120mm fans on it. that would essentialy dissipate the heat that the radiator is to do but on a much larger scale, ontop of that it would super cool the water running inside the copper coils, inside the copper box. you wouldnt need to use any r134a or any other fancy refrigerant. and if it were too cold you could make the power to the tec's adjustable, lower the power, lower the cooling effect. or reverse 2 of the tecs plates, opposite sides of the cube. and cut power to say 50% on those 2. would cancel some of the heat out, and if the hot/cold is distributed evenly there wouldnt be much of a problem. lemme know what you think....

:argue:
Way too much work.
Just stick it in a Fridge.
:cool:

Plus a fridge is going to use a fraction of the electricity.
Its worth having a go at it just for the heck of it anyway.

Back