• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ship into Canada

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

canadian_woody

Hey guys, new here, longtime reader.

I seem to remember a post form somewhere( cant remember where, tho), that gave ways around Canadian Customs Brokerage fees.

Does anyone remember what the methods are. I just bought a D-Tek TC-4 and it will cost me an additional $24 for taxes and brokerage fees.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Just don't use UPS. They have high brokerage fees. Other than that, thats the only legal thing you can do ;) You can also declare it a gift, that will give you a break on 20-60 dollars of the value, I can't remember exactly.

Murgen said:
Just don't use UPS. They have high brokerage fees. Other than that, thats the only legal thing you can do ;) You can also declare it a gift, that will give you a break on 20-60 dollars of the value, I can't remember exactly.

Thanks, do you know if, once UPS has the package in Canada Customs, Do i HAVE to user their service, or is there a cheaper one.

Thanks.
Ps. Damn nice Avatar, son.
I live there, Winnipeg.

Did you use to live here?

Once you have used a courrier, you'll have to pay what ever they say for brokerage. One way to avoid duty, would be to under value the item, but that is risky if something happened to it.

I have a few family members in Winnipeg, and my dad lived there. I visit as often as I can, but that could be said for any place but Regina :(

FEDEX and UPS are pretty much your only choices...

the rest don't insure over the border...

UPS being the better choice...

P.S. are u on cpuwatercool forum as well?

Back