• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How accurate is the thermistor on the KR7A?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
At best any thermistor would be in the ballpark. You really shouldnt be relying on it
I'm a newbie, and I thought that reading the thermistors with something like MBM was what most folks on here were doing to keep an eye on their temps. What are the other options?

thanks,
Adovbs

The cheapest one I am aware of is TEMPCHECK for $15USD + S&H. Just tell BART I sent you & he will charge you extra:D

tempcheck.jpg

The cheapest one I am aware of is TEMPCHECK for $15USD + S&H. Just tell BART I sent you & he will charge you extra
Hey, thanks for the info! And a pic, too, even. Cool. ;)

*adds a temp-gizmo to the list of possibilities*

Adovbs

There are some of us that use a special chip solderd to your motherboard and installed on the SMBus header. It has one thermistor on board, and it reads the XP Diode. So you can read your temperature from the diode inside the XP CPU. This is very accurate, and just plain cooler. :) (no pun intended)

If you need more info. or are looking into getting one...they are fairly cheap and you can PM Hoot about it.

If you need more info. or are looking into getting one...they are fairly cheap and you can PM Hoot about it.
Thanks!

Right now I'm running a fairly modest system, but I'm working on a wish-list for a new, more over-clockable mobo and chip upgrade. I'll post my first draft choices some time this weekend and get feedback. Pretty standard stuff, I think, but I'd like to hear what kinds of problems other folks have been having with that combo.

After I do this upcoming upgrade, then I will begin working on some actual overclocking. Right now, I'm just hanging around OC and trying to absorb as much info as I can.

Adovbs

Back