• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

175 points in a month, I'm an addict

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolfmist

Well I'm at 175 points (62 WU's). I started almost a month ago on March 11. My 1900xp has been churnig them out, and I have my girlfriends comp that has done 20 WU's so far. Now I just put together my old comp, a pIII 800.

But I think I have an addiction to folding. Whenever I look at my score, I crave more folding power like a rabid dog craves the taste of Blood. I can't get enough!

Anyway, how is everyone doing? I'm a little worried about Rage3d, their score is creeping higher and higher.

Fold on

Wolfmist said:
Well I'm at 175 points (62 WU's). I started almost a month ago on March 11. My 1900xp has been churnig them out, and I have my girlfriends comp that has done 20 WU's so far. Now I just put together my old comp, a pIII 800.

But I think I have an addiction to folding. Whenever I look at my score, I crave more folding power like a rabid dog craves the taste of Blood. I can't get enough!

Anyway, how is everyone doing? I'm a little worried about Rage3d, their score is creeping higher and higher.

Fold on

You think you got an addiction. I think it's gonna be scary once i get my hands on some credit. 26 more days, and i got my first duallie dedicated folder. The first of 10 :D

I know what you mean. I feel sad everytime my PC has to be turned off and stop folding :(.

I have churned out more points in these last couple of days than I have in the previous week or so. I definately need to get this thing folding 24/7. I am also going to try and get a Duron 650 folding.

I have so far convinced my friend to fold, emailed my next door neighbour and bugged my parents :D

I wish I could run 15 boxes on a DSL line :rolleyes:. Unfortunately I have no DSL line, and one PC :D

I guess that makes me a Folding junkie... After I put the 1.0 @ 1400 T-bird together, I punched out 250 points in a week....

Must........build......more........machines..........arrg....faster....more....faster.....:p

Keep up the great work. More people like you will get us back to No 1 in the standings. ;)

Hey David, have you considered moving your setups to the basement or something? maybe then the noise won't bother your parents;)

Tweaked! said:
Hey David, have you considered moving your setups to the basement or something? maybe then the noise won't bother your parents;)

erm...no basement. My bedroom is the best place for my PC. I am working on noise reduction tho.

Maybe if you just caused another item in the house to make more noise, it will offset the puters. You know, like put a couple plastic ties on the blower wheel of the furnace,...;)

Tweaked! said:
Maybe if you just caused another item in the house to make more noise, it will offset the puters. You know, like put a couple plastic ties on the blower wheel of the furnace,...;)

The extractor fan in the bathroom is quite noisy, but turns off after a certain time.

I am seriously going to be in need of some kind of "Folders Anonymous" meetings after this....

Wedo the Folding Addict

Wedo said:
I am seriously going to be in need of some kind of "Folders Anonymous" meetings after this....

Wedo the Folding Addict

Lol. Yeah I know what you mean.

David, I have an idea for the noise. Get an air cleaner. They would mask out the noise of a PC, AND you get cleaner air. If you have smokers in your house, have pets, or have people with allergies, you wouldn't have much difficulty selling the ideo to your parents. Just a thought

I started folding back in the day (a year and a half ago?) with a celeron 466 and now I'm folding with the dually (2 p3 @1125) and some change (p2 300).

yup its addictive.

Wolfmist said:

Lol. Yeah I know what you mean.

David, I have an idea for the noise. Get an air cleaner. They would mask out the noise of a PC, AND you get cleaner air. If you have smokers in your house, have pets, or have people with allergies, you wouldn't have much difficulty selling the ideo to your parents. Just a thought

Hmmm. Haven't heard of them. None of us smoke, we have no allergies but we do have a cat. He only smells if you are close up tho.

Wolfmist said:

Fold on

LoL I feel just like you I pumped out 52.5 points in 4 days and am plotting on discounts to people who buy systems from me and allow me to run folding @home on them LMAO !!!!

This is a sickness that I hope can be folded for a cure !!!

im becoming an addict too. tho i dont got much machines im tryi nto get the school ones going :D , tho i might have a rival there, but i asked the teacher first, so the comps in that lab are mine.

that rival, he put one machien to fold without asking, teacher didnt do nofin about it, but i changed the name and team, haha

zach88 is the moofs name

I dont but I build for select people and usually have a personal relationship with them all after the system is set up .

Back