• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any1 mod there floppy drive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Dissolved said:
i was thinkin a window mod.. but theres nothign really moving inside..

on mine it is all moving on the bottom, but i don't think a window on the bottom would to much;)

what about modding it in someway so that you can get some LED's shinning through it and have the light coming out the front. that is about the best i can think of.

Actually I have a bud of mine that has a floppy that does that... I thought it was broken when I was tryin to get the freakin floppy drive out!~! But he said it "takes the big floppies too." ??? huh? It takes regular and larger floppies? ah well.... but I have to say it was kinda kewl... just odd since Im used to the floppy coming flying out of the drive!~!

i dont know if you have alot of disks you use

but you could set up asomething like a multi disk fdd

some sort of tray that moves up and down so you can load 4-5 floppies in there at once

IFMU:
your friend may have a superdisk drive. superdisk drives take both standard 1.44 MB disks and 120 MB superdisks. and they do have electronic eject mechanisms.

Dissolved said:

yea, that sounds cool...

then we could have a floopy disk flying contest :)
ill make mine fly 20ft :p

I have an old floppy drive that got dropped and something in it broke and the disks fly out of it and land ~2 feet from the computer, I bet a stronger spring could push it farther.

Wonko The Sane said:
IFMU:
your friend may have a superdisk drive. superdisk drives take both standard 1.44 MB disks and 120 MB superdisks. and they do have electronic eject mechanisms.

That is a good possiblity... I know aquat about it.. never seen one before... but that could be it.

well lets see...

i ripped my drive apart swapped the green LED for a High output red and reshaped the eject buttonso it is slightly inset in the opening when there is no disk in it(set in the same as the lense for the light), ripped off the door to keep the dust out. paunted the eject button and the door teal pearl and painted the front itself high gloss black.
with the high output red LED when there is a disk in it the opening glows red. looks really cool when you use the neon floppy disks.

yeah i know, what you gonna do when you don't have time for a job, but you don't have any homework. i am gonna order some stuff tonight. i am gettin round cables a fan guard and maybe some ram.

you could order me some ram:cool: :D :cool:. the inside of the face or CD drives isnt too interesting, but it would look cool if you had a Plexi Case. Got any pictures?

IFMU said:
Actually I have a bud of mine that has a floppy that does that... I thought it was broken when I was tryin to get the freakin floppy drive out!~! But he said it "takes the big floppies too." ??? huh? It takes regular and larger floppies? ah well.... but I have to say it was kinda kewl... just odd since Im used to the floppy coming flying out of the drive!~!

it's an imation superdisk drive. it is formally known as the LS120. It automatically ejects the floppy disks, but also takes 120MB superdisks, much nicer of a drive...much quicker than a conventional disk drive....

tom
www.graphinesystems.com

Back