• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap video card with DVI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
I'm building a computer for my father. It's mostly for business apps, but he'll have a DVD player too. No games. He wants a 15" LCD monitor, so what video card should I get? I've been considering an Ati 7500 OEM for $86 at newegg, but what could do the job for less money?

You know of course that you do not need DVI unless the monitor you get is DVI-only or if there's something terribly important about using the DVI. Most new LCD monitors come with both analog and digital connections ayway. Hell, I just bought mine, and it only has the analog connector. You won't lose that much in terms of quality.

I'd say that if it is only for business apps then get any vid card (i.e. Geforce2, or Radeon).

Cheers,
F

lcd

I figured if you're getting an LCD monitor, you might as well use the digital signal.

Does the Radeon 7200 have DVI?

Checked on the ATI site, no DVI on the 7200.

I wanted a DVI capable LCD but couldn't afford it. So, I have a Rad8500 (retail) but an LCD monitor without a DVI. I will see what produces a better image.

I actually had an open question that no one responded to.

video card

Thanx, the Radeon VE should do the job nicely.

Back