• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One more GF4 to come, the Ti 4800...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

Well, the Ti 4200 is here and now all Nvidia has to do is release the last GeForce card to the final GeForce series.

The Ti 4800 runs @ 325MHz Core stock and its memory runs @ 750MHz stock. It will be interesting to see the results from this card.

My friend has the TI4600 and has his card overclocked to 325/750 and this card flys!

The 4800 will be sweet.

That is until January next year when 512-bit NV30 screams into homes everywhere.

AXIA

Not to rain on your parade, but do you think maybe these 4800's will be so close to the edge for their core and mem they wont overclock very much more? Sort of like a Palomino 2100+?

Not to rain on your parade, but do you think maybe these 4800's will be so close to the edge for their core and mem they wont overclock very much more? Sort of like a Palomino 2100+? [/QUOT]

I'm sorry I can't help it. LOL !!!!!!! :D

and there will be those of us who go out and spend the BIG $ for it too.
_________
4800 huh, Well, for what I just spent on this 4400, they can just count me out. I try and buy the best I can afford , what ever it might be. If it's not the top of the line, oh weeeeelllllll.

Atleast I got a LIFETIME warranty on my vid card.
[Hmmm. my lifetime or thiers? DOH! ]

just my .02
:cool:

It probably is, they're using 2.8ns bga memory on the ti4600/4800 cards, 750mhz mem speeds would be about the limit... if you can find a version of the Ti4800 after its release with even better memory than there may be some more room, but even now the core runs hot (from what I've read in reviews) so I doubt there will be much more room for overclocking there...

I thought that if Nvidia says the memory is 750MHz that would mean that card makers would need to use official 750MHz ram?

I could be wrong but hopefully, we will see 2.6ns DDR. Micron has it for cheap price!

Samsung already has 2.5ns DDR out which is approx $35 more so Nvidia wouldnt use this, ($35 is just too much for a card already $650+ CAN)

AXIA

It's highly likely that there will be a Ti4800, considering that nVidia has already started producing NV25 GPUs with a .13 micron process. The original Ti4600 with the .15 micron GPU can barely hit 330 without trouble, but the smaller micron GPU might be able to go a bit higher than 330mhz. Pair that with some 2.6ns or 2.5ns RAM and you're set.

Back