• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible Memory Timing Fix For 8K3A/+!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
All of a sudden I began having memory problems, random reboots, system crashed every time I ran the Sandra Mem bench. I am running Corsair XMS2700. At Turbo settings, the above is what happened, no matter what VDIMM. I have been experimenting with bios settings like crazy! I am running the 2328 bios.

I have solved the issue, at least with my board. This may help you if you are having similar problems:

Go to the DRAM settings and select TURBO. Write down all the settings. Now set it to normal and then configure MANUALLY to the TURBO settings.

I have no idea why this works but it seems to, have been running Prime 95 for an hour now with no errors. When I had it set to TURBO, I would get P95 errors before the first test finished.

Hope this helps!

hi nik i cant run my system a cas 2 similar a you
only diference i have 512 kingmax pc2700 and ax-7 with delta 80mm
artic silver 3

i run a 173 x 10 1730mhz settings in turbo but only cas 2.5
in cas 2 no run blue screen

and normal 133 x 12 same blue screen

you have any idea??

where i can download prime 95

same problem

you have auto, 2t command or 1t command??

where i can download prime 95???

Hi Gosu,

I also use Kinmax PC2700 and AX-7. The best I could get with turbo and set 1t command was ===> 11x170 ([email protected]; [email protected]) with 2000XP.

I guess, under aggressive overclocking, Corsair perform better than Kingmax. From some reviews I read also confirm that.

I am looking for Windbond chip based PC2700. 2 reviews I found stated that it perform much better than Corsair. However, I couldnt find place to buy them.

MV99

Thanks for the tip. i just got the new parts in my sig today and when I was on the forums my puter just rebooted. hopefully this will fix it.

Back