• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need new Motherboard... Socket A ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZaCi

I need a new motherboard for my athlonxp 1700 and kingmax pc2700 ram... etc...

I'm thinking of nforce, kt266a or kt333?

ASUS, Abit, Epox, Shuttle, Iwill? or something? very good overclocking settings and big bios handling are a MUST..

you can help me?

The KT-333 is the first chipset from VIA to officially support 333 MHz memory operation. Most people's eyes would be fixed on this number, "333", however there should be a few facts people should know about this chipset. Firstly, there are no added functions or improvements over KT-266A and seeing that a great deal of KT-266A mobo's can make the 166 mhz FSB required for 333 then the choice only matters if you need to have a '333 approved Via chipset'

If you want to overclock alot and aren't into the whole volt-mod thing then i'd suggest the Epox 8k3a+ or 8k3a (if you don't need raid) because it's vcore goes up to 2.2 and most kt266a only go to 1.85, and the vdimm goes up to 3.2v.
it wil complement your kingmax 2700 very well :D
but as UnseenMenace said there are mobo's out there that can also hit this 166fsb and higher. like the 8kha+ which hits these speeds very well. I guess its come down to your personal preference. But the price difference in canada is only about 10 bucks between the 8kha+ and the 8k3a(non-raid) so it all up to you

hmm yes i'm sure now....

kt333 it should be...

what about this new asus kt333 board? i dont want epox atm because of my bad situations with my old :( (bad english) any reviews about this asus kt333 boards out there?

Back