• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tri Boot Need Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

notquiterite

Registered
does anybody know how to triboot with win 98 xp and Mandrake 8.1 i have tried at least 3 time and every time i had to reinstall all thre OS's I NEED HELP

Install Windows 98, then install Windows XP, then install Mandrake.

That should set up up with a triple boot. When you boot up, you should see Mandrake's bootloader with a choice for either Windows or Mandrake. Pick Windows, and you see XP''s bootloader where you can pick between XP and Win98.

yea i figured out the way 98 then xp then mandrake but i was tryin to get it so all three os's would work on the mandrake boot loader. I managed it in Lycrois but i quickly realized i didn't like that os and i don't know how to configure the boot loader in mandrake because i'm not very familiar with mandrake

Look at /etc/lilo.conf

You'd have to put in an entry for Win98 if you wanted it to show up on the menu.

YAY i figured it out i just used a cool program called bootpart and addeed Mandrake to the win XP boot record it was soooooo easy that way:D :D :D :D :D

Back