• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ugh...new Vantec not cooling properly!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darken-AMD

Registered
I just recieved a Vantec CCK6035-D (yes, D-38 >;) and a syringe of AC 3. I installed everything proper;y and applied a layer of AC3. I was unsure of how thick.thin it should be so I applied a fairly thick layer but not a gob or anything like that. Ok, I have a Duron 950 (red core) running at 950 and it idles at 49 degrees?!?! This is runnig hotter than when I had on the cheap aluminum Coolermaster hsf. What did I do wrong? I also noticed that the clip is straight on the end and doesnt have that snazy swivel that the one in most reviews has. Should I complain to Vantec about the clip, if that is the problem? Any idea's and/or advice welcome! Thanks!

there are 3 things to remember when putting on a hsf.
1 make shure you dont put too mucs as3.
2 make shure there is good contact...too much goop creates a space between hsf and cpu
3 make shure u have a good fan and plenty of cooling inside case to move hot air out.

in ur case u should check all 3 things.

Thats very hot for a duron :mad: . As Darken said make sure you didn't apply too much as3. Does anyone think it could possibly be a chipped core??

I also heard that AS take about 3 days to settle in......it was like that on my system.......i was all disapointed at first and things just slowly started scooling down........Maybe

looks like i should have checked the instructions on the website. ill post the results after i go correct my mistakes. :rolleyes:

Back