• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7v266 - Still reports 10C Over?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VashTheStampede

It's been a long time since I've been here. Cars have taken over my life, but at the recent death of my old T-bird 900, I finally had to upgrade on up. Picked up an A7V266 and an XP 1700+ @ 1100 (BIOS autoset it, don't know why, will fix it once I get the temps straight). Right now at idle, with an install of Windows 2000 not more than 5 hours old, it says 49 degrees C through Asus Probe. It's running the stock AMD heatsink at the moment. Hell the old T-bird at that speed with the Thermalfake Super Orb didn't even get that high.

So are the Asus boards still 10 C over?

What kind of ambient temps are you running at? I have the same board Welcome to the nForce!~! and all I am presently using is the asus probe. Im presuming that is what you are using? d'oh, just re-read your post, yea you are... ok

Im not to sure, but I dont think they are running that high overall really. I run Folding 24/7 on here and my temps normally dont go over high 40's. Right now, as an example, My room temp is 22.6, the probe reads it at 30. I dont know the actual cpu temp, but its being read at 48 @ full load.

So I guess I took the long way here.. but it looks like they are about 10 over the actual.... :rolleyes:

Sorry for the longwindness there.. realized I actually had a temp deal here about half way through the post..

think maybe I should go to bed? lol

Well, I have an A7V266 (not the E) and I always thought that it reports higher temps than other mobos.

With my previous cooling setup (GlobalWin WBK/80mm-40cfm Sunon fan) I have gone up to 69C on my Tbird [email protected] with no problems and no crashes. Other mobos crash when the cpu temp goes beyond 65C (I know of two Shuttle AK31s not going beyond 62C), which is perhaps a sign that Asus boards report higher Ts.

Now with an Thermalright AX-7 and a Delta 80x38 68cfm fan the max I have seen is 43C @1.53GHz and a room temp of 22C.

Maybe a reported-temp comparison between different motherboards would help to clarify this point for us all. It could be done here in OC.com, in a controlled environment, using the same cpu and cooling setup. What do you think mods?

Oh, btw if you see 50C at 1.1GHz, get a better HSF as the stock one sucks big time :)

vayero said:
Well, I have an A7V266 (not the E) and I always thought that it reports higher temps than other mobos.

With my previous cooling setup (GlobalWin WBK/80mm-40cfm Sunon fan) I have gone up to 69C on my Tbird [email protected] with no problems and no crashes. Other mobos crash when the cpu temp goes beyond 65C (I know of two Shuttle AK31s not going beyond 62C), which is perhaps a sign that Asus boards report higher Ts.

Now with an Thermalright AX-7 and a Delta 80x38 68cfm fan the max I have seen is 43C @1.53GHz and a room temp of 22C.

Maybe a reported-temp comparison between different motherboards would help to clarify this point for us all. It could be done here in OC.com, in a controlled environment, using the same cpu and cooling setup. What do you think mods?

Oh, btw if you see 50C at 1.1GHz, get a better HSF as the stock one sucks big time :)
using ax-7 that seems a little high too.

Yes the Asus Probe still runs about 10C hotter than it`s competitors.

Acko

it's the board. if your using mbm instead of probe you can set it to compensate for the difference. so your actually running 43c not 53c those are ok but not great temps condidering your running your xp at default

I think vashe`s temps are quiet okay considering he`s only using a stock Heatsink/Fan.

Acko

I'm running an A7V333 and was reporting 48c at idle. I purchased a temp probe and inserted it between the HSF and CPU and it reports temps on average of 10c cooler than what the board reports.

I've had it running for a few days straight and the difference is usually the same +/- 1c

Back