• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beating Rage3Ds top producer.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
Just had an idea - Rage3D have been bragging about How??? climbing the overall folding@home ranks. I thought it would be a good idea if we could perhaps push all our folding power into one user for a week or two? Maybe 'overclockers.com rule!' as the user, still 32 as the team but with everyone of us folding for one user we should soar up the stats pages...

Just a thought :rolleyes:

Ok. Anyone who wants to do this fold under the name:

overclockers rule!

Should be fun. I'll switch my rig over just now. Spread the word to anyone who folds :D.

Lets see if we can catch Mr How??? ;)

So from now (3pm GMT 12/4/02) lets go for two weeks and see what happens!

Loud said:
My rigs are still folding for a team member for his borthday. :bday:

I'll switch them 1st thing Monday. :D

No problem ;)

Should be interesting to see how the combined power of our team does :D *evil laugh*.

K, got 3 rigs at work here changed over, will change the two at home when i get off work. Lets rack em up!

:cool:

Interesting concept...

The phrase E Pluribus Unum comes to mind after reading this, and might have been a better name..lol. It's a Latin phrase that used to be found on U.S. coins and currency. It means "One Out Of Many"...this was used to describe how the different states form the union that is the United States.

However...one point I'd like to make, and don't think I'm trying to rain on your parade. It's been mentioned that 3D Rage is a "one dimensional" team, meaning that one member produces the bulk of the WU's for that team.

What does "team" mean? What is a "team"? A group of individuals, working together towards a common goal. We're not riding on one man's coattails on Team 32...we all contribute (some more than others, sure, but..) towards the overall result.

Good luck on your venture, however, I'm going to remain "one of many" of the Team, rather than a User ID.

Fold On !

:beer:

Mr B said:
Interesting concept...

The phrase E Pluribus Unum comes to mind after reading this, and might have been a better name..lol. It's a Latin phrase that used to be found on U.S. coins and currency. It means "One Out Of Many"...this was used to describe how the different states form the union that is the United States.

However...one point I'd like to make, and don't think I'm trying to rain on your parade. It's been mentioned that 3D Rage is a "one dimensional" team, meaning that one member produces the bulk of the WU's for that team.

What does "team" mean? What is a "team"? A group of individuals, working together towards a common goal. We're not riding on one man's coattails on Team 32...we all contribute (some more than others, sure, but..) towards the overall result.

Good luck on your venture, however, I'm going to remain "one of many" of the Team, rather than a User ID.

Fold On !

:beer:

I see where you are coming from, but this will only be for a week or two, just to see if we can push How?? away from being the top producer.

I think this is all pointless, because even though we will outproduce their top user they will still outproduce us as a team....

SickBoy said:
I think this is all pointless, because even though we will outproduce their top user they will still outproduce us as a team....

Aaah come on, it's just fun and games. Have a sense of humor, or a :beer: . ;)

I don't think they will be out producing us for very long. It seems like there are numerous attempts to increase our production by the entire team. Arkaine is adding a school (sweeeet :D), and everyone is trying to pull all the WU's out of their boxes.

Just keep pushing, find the dormant members, pull in Noobie's, and we'll be ok.

As far as out producing their man guy, if some of our team want to pull together and make a run, do it.

Fold On!

Wedo

We need to generally get more of the overclocker posters to start folding we have something insane like 14,000 members but only 650 folding@home members. If we could get a higher percentage to start folding than we would be better off.

I don't think we are gaining much on you guys anymore. The projection graphs show a completely different picture than they did a few weeks ago. Great job gearing things up!

Our mystery folder is outproducing any other user, including "anonymous" from time to time, but his production is well under half our team's output. Our new #2 producer is running about 50 CPUs nights and weekends, and is moving up the ranks rapidly! :D

Good luck, and GO TEAM 64!! :burn:

A little diversion tatic from team 64 ??????????????????

We simply need more current members folding,I propose Skip allow us a cover spot for 30 days allowing us to promote the fold and recruit members from the home page !!!!

Have them click on a link that sends a pm to a member who can guid them through the set up so we ensure they dont get confused and end up on no team or someone elses.........

I have seen other sites that have a huge cover area dedicated to there folders.I also support the same idea for our seti members as well....

Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh!
The stats database is down. I wanna see how we're doing
Edit: They're back up now. Looks like there's only one CPU with a mere 1.5 points (probably me).

Last edited:
Back