• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

config q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SteenkyBastage

ok...i'm in the middle of dualie folding, a protiena and a proteinag29a.

I checked both my config files and notice that only one of them had my username "steenkybastage". I went into my other config file, and pasted what the first one had for user, but left the userid alone.

Now, just to test it, i saved and re-opened, and they both had the correct name and team. but then I closed the clients to make sure they would work properly if I ever had to restart.

When I re-opened the clients, both config files did not have username or team names in there. I tried multiple times to restart the clients, but dont get the prompt for username and/or teams.

Has this information already been logged somewhere else? or is this on a collision course for no credit?

I stopped both clients as they are at 98% and 99%, and dont want to finish till I know it's gonna work.

thnx

Try to not edit the file. use the -config flag instead. Create a new shortcut and add the -config on to the end of it. I am not sure but I think you have to use the local flag to because it is a duallie and you are running two instances wait for another reply to back up what I think. Fold on and hope this helps.

right now I have the " -local" tag on both my shortcuts.

Should I take off the " -local" and use " -config", setup the config file, and then shutdown and put it back to being " -local"? or should I simply add the " -config" after the " -local"?

Guess whatever I do, I'd better hurry... both are almost finished with their wu's.

I would just add the -config flag to what you already have for each and see if it works. The reason I would not recomend going into the config file and editing by hand is that sometimes it gets messed up because of the formating. It is much easier to do it with the config flag.

thnx,

I removed the local tag, added the config tag, and did the first one... seems fine. closed down client and changed config tag back to local. restarted client, seems fine.

Did the same thing to the second shortcut/client.

The first one finished it's wu, but the foldmonitor doesn't show that it completed... trying to find out if that worked or if i just wasted 16 hours x2.

second one is at 99%

Back