• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8K3A+ is like WOW!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

At first I thought my 8K3A+ was a piece of #@%@.

I decided to unlock my AGOIA XP-1700 and see what happens.

I am using KingMax PC-2700.
My AGOIA XP-1700 Can hit a stable 1.8 GHz on this Mobo using air, although it is too hot for my liking.

I think that they have to fix the BIOS for better memory performance however.
The kingMax will not do more than 210 FSB on this mobo and BIOS
(2328)

You're finally getting it going Audi! This board does work best with an UNLOCKED CPU. Those mem timings seem slow though Audi, check mine. 191 FSB Turbo all fastest timings.

I think that was the 2328, right now I took the advice of epox tech at amdmb and flashed to the 2326, seems to be running good with that one.

I'm running 2326 as well.
How much voltage are you giving your RAM?

Which is the best ram to get for these mobos, do you know?

I am only able to get 2-3-2-5-4bank-1T at like 180 FSB @ 2.9 Vdimm

I'll do more testing tomorrow and see if I can come closer to your score :)

Does this mobo support undervolting? Does it have the four holes around the socket for large HSF and water blocks?

jbslow said:
Does this mobo support undervolting? Does it have the four holes around the socket for large HSF and water blocks?

Yes, you can set the voltage all the way down to like 1.4 or something. And it does have the holes for the bolt on HSF's and waterblocks.

It also supports XP-1700's at 1.8 Ghz with air cooling.
(I'm so proud of this one :burn: )

You got the same setup pretty much as me,I cant get anywere with this board,I have tryed all the Bios and nothing works:(

audiman
you can send me your settings
i can run my kingmax pc2700 a cas 2
only cas 2.5

what bios you use??
what settings you have in memory
i have xp1900 agoga
plz send me vcore, and ddr vol

Gosu said:
audiman
you can send me your settings
i can run my kingmax pc2700 a cas 2
only cas 2.5

what bios you use??
what settings you have in memory
i have xp1900 agoga
plz send me vcore, and ddr vol

Right now I am using BIOS 2326
Kingmax won't do more than 180 FSB with CAS2
Your CPU HAS to be unlocked
basically you would have to play witht he settings.

Right now this is what I am using.

180 FSB, 2-2-5-2-1T @ 3.0 Vdimm

Sorry, right now my Vcore is only at 1.85 with an AGOIA-Y stepping.

Which stepping do you have?

AudiMan said:
I'm running 2326 as well.
How much voltage are you giving your RAM?

Which is the best ram to get for these mobos, do you know?
I give 2.9-3V depending on how fast I run the ram. I have had it at 200, turbo etc but the Vid card freaks out, I got spots all over the screen but It ran I just couldn't see anything so good.

My vid card freaks out at 211 FSB. I'm gonna try setting it to 2X AGP and disabling AGP Fast Write to see if I can go any higher.

I am not too sure about that. I am currently experimenting on a Radeon VE, however when my new case comes in I will yank the 8500 from another system and put it in the 8k3a+ and see how high that one goes.

I would assume that the frequencies that a video card can handle greatly depends on their settings through the BIOS. Just like for the RAM and the CPU.

Anyone know if changing the Video Aperture size would let it handle higher FSB's?

Audi how did you unlock that CPU did you lap it?
I cant seem to unlock mune.
Also I made a huge blunger,i was flashing my bios to the 2326 and all of a sudden it froze up so I waited for like an hour and I reset the computer,and yes it wont post,is there any way to fix this??

Back