• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air flow... What is best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rlemieux

Cyber Deal King
Ok here is my system or what is going to be when I am finished.

The only case fans I am adding are the 120mm and the 80mm blow hole on the top.

I want to know what would be the best direction for the fans to blow.... It is a noblesse case. The two side by side front fans are covered by the case and can only feed air in from the bottom drive, that has a slide draw. I will attach a pic of the case so you can get the idea for those of you that have not seen it. So as far as the two fronts, they will have to be intakes, because it would just reflect off the case if they were blowing out.

Anyway, any suggestions would be appriciated. Thanks.

here is the pic of the case. notice the little sliding door at the bottom of the case. The two fans are right above that. As you can notice there is no where for a exhaust fan to dispell the air. unless I cut the plastic and I dont want to do that....

Last edited:
two words: dude LOUD

hehe, but you will def. have some great air movement. Looks similar to my setup, minus the top bloehole with another in the front. And the air sheer from this thing is pretty loud (no fan noise at all really..just a whole lot of air movement). Give us some temps when its all setup.

Josh

I have everything in it now, except the 120mm I am going to get the suron at 35dbs and the 80mm it should be down around 35dbs and the alpha( may end up getting a Mechatronics: 3 more CFM's 1.5less dbs). My case is pretty quiet right now. So I am not expecting too much more noise..

rlemieux said:
I have everything in it now, except the 120mm I am going to get the suron at 35dbs and the 80mm it should be down around 35dbs and the alpha( may end up getting a Mechatronics: 3 more CFM's 1.5less dbs). My case is pretty quiet right now. So I am not expecting too much more noise..

yeah thats what I thought when i first set mine up. I was like.."Awesome no fan whir!!!" afer about a week of constantly hearing wind where ever I went I realized why:) But its def. not as obtrusive as a Delta screaming at ya.

Josh

rlemieux said:
What fan are you running on your pal?

I have an Enermax adjustable 80mm Fan on it. Have it on high cause its not even very loud on that. (as you know since you have some :) )

Josh

rlemieux said:
anyone have any suggestions on fan direction for this setup?

Have you already cut the whole for the 120 on the side? If not I would 100% def. move it over to the left and up some more. Where it is right now its no really blowing on anything. Move it over and it will help the vid card and some other stuff, een position it closer to the PAL to help suck the hot air out of the case.

Josh

Back