• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which way shall i o/c my kr7a raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samcim69

i have a kr7a abit mobo, ax7 heat sink. 80mm ys tech fan,athlon 1700+ and a nice big sys fan on top and side. how much do you think i can o/c my cpu/fsb thanks a lot.......:D :eek: :D

Well you should be able to get your Fsb up to 140's no problem, if you unlock that Xp and the other components are up to the task then even more. I have had my Xp1800+ up to 162 fsb with no issues, of course the divisor kicks in and brings things into spec anyway.:)

thanks , im not very good at unlocking,but i did get the vidio from tom's hardware (unlocking the xp)is it hard to do if i follow that,:burn: can i overclock without unlocking my athlon xp

Last edited:
If you do not unlock your CPU, about the only other option you have is to increase the FSB in bios. Just increase the CPU voltage all the way up (1.85) and the mem voltage also. Start increasing the FSB and see how far you can go before problems begin.

Good Luck.

Lvcoyote

Divider

As I read on overclockers, Joe I believe did this extensive test and there is no 1/5 divider. The highest was 1/4.

Anyone who can push fsb past 160 has a very tolerant NIC card and or sound card.

Comments please:) :)

didn't ur kr7a come with softmenu III? i thought it overclocked the **** out of everything at your fingertips? you know just punch in the numbers you want to try and take it from the list and move on to overclocking the **** outta everything else?

call me a moron if i'm wrong, please, i know next jack and **** about ocing, but this is my first computer since a "tweaked" 386 to run 486, lol. so, i've gone from stoneage to top of the line. i plan on overclocking everything just because i can...^_^ that and to watch my engineering friends ***** and whine....

Well it depends on how hot your system is. I have a KG7-RAID with a dynatron microfin hsf. It is running at between 105-107F. I have two sunon high performance blowing in one sucking out and an enermax adjustable plus the heatsink. I would try the FSB but go 1 mhz at a time! So you will take less of a risk.

Back