• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Mobo Advice for 1.9p4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

premed1045

I'm looking for some advice on buying the best board for HEAVY overclocking to go with the 1.9P4 I just got for a total steal. I have plans to use chilled alcohol for cooling the processor. This is my first try at overclocking, however I am a refrigeration technician (HVAC), and i feel more comfortable setting up a system like this than a fan system anyway. I'm looking for a high quality mobo that is easy to manipulate. It also has to go well with the RadeonDV "all in wonder" I just got. Any and all info is welcome, not just mobo info. In case you havent guessed, Im the kind who likes to dive head first! Makes it more exciting.

Hi premed1045 sounds like my story. new 1.9 for a steal. well I hate to tell u so go to the thread just below and read them. It is very enlighting about p4 chips. I hope u can oc it sum. goodluck and see u around.

Last edited:
OOps!!

Well, that figures! No wonder I got it so cheap. Bought it at UBID for $150. Thing is, they advertised it as a Northwood!!! But it did say it only had 256k instead of 512. Up to now, I thought that was just a upgrade to the northy on only the 2.2 and over. Oh well, I can probably sell it somewhere for a decent price. This time ill get a 1.8a. There seems to be a lot of info on this board about the 1.8's and thats just what I need right now, because Im just starting out. If anyone has any more advice for me, feel free!

Back