• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how the hell you use NT ? i have one ... pre win 2k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prodius613

Registered
i have a version that is i am not supposed to have i have a beta version of nt 5.0 or as they call it now windows 2000. this was before they decided to call it windows 2000

bag the beta. who knows what problems are in that particular version. proly won't update with the Windows update site, who knows if it complies with the HCL yet. The software company I work for helped MS beta some of that, and I'll tell ya some of those betas were GARBAGE.
Find a real copy, better yet go get XP. same stability, much faster, better compatibility

Agreed, ditch it fast and buy a full version of 2K or XP. Betas have too many problems to be believed. The Beta 1 of XP I worked with didn't even have USB functionality and the list of problems went on forever. Beta 2 was better, but... Even the Release Candidates weren't very stable, and all were time limited. I have cabinets full of betas and RCs at work and wouldn't load them on anything voluntarily.

beat ya to it i threw it away like 5 minutes after posting.
i gona stick with my ME. i have nt 4.0 i gona install on my laptop here shortly but here is a question i have both server and workstation what is the difference in the two? and what one should i use. granted it is an old laptop --- only 100MHz with 8mb of ram and i just got a 3GB hdd for it. so i gota install everything anyway.

the laptop originaly had win95.

???????? :rolleyes:

100 mhz with 8 megs of ram? Don't put NT on it, NT requires 32 megs to install, will run somewhat good at 64 but still pages everything. I wouldn't go under 128 megs if your gonna run NT. The CPU speed is also an issue.

Back