• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

video card woo hoo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

triflux

Disabled
I bought a Abit KR7A-RAID board forgot that it does not have any onboard monitor hook up and was thinking I guess I will spend $100 on a somewhat good video card. I guess word of mouth is the most important thing when it comes to any add-ons so basically I was wondering what you guys use and how it's performance on linny is.

usually the video card i use for a linux box is whatever i have/canabalize/cheapest... because i would use the box as a server for my home network...

but right now im using a geforce2 gts... it works fine for me... other than i can never seem to get the nvidia driver working right... for 3d stuff... other wise it works just fine

ahh cool, you may have guessed it will be primarly a server but I am just looking for an ok video card maybe video out/in if I am lucky

but right now im using a geforce2 gts... it works fine for me... other than i can never seem to get the nvidia driver working right... for 3d stuff... other wise it works just fine

You are using the driver from nvidia themselves, right? Not the one that comes with Xfree86?

Yeah i'm using the nvidia drivers... i've gotten along further this time than i have before, i get the nvidia splash screen when loading into X... but when i goto run an program that uses OpenGL they dont load...

What does `glxinfo` say? Are you loading the glx module in your XF86Config?

tux racer ahh I hate that game I hate tux Beastie looks cooler

so hows that for going off the subject woo hoo

Back