• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Proof Asus A7V333 temps are 10c lower than MB reports.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nahmus

Hi all,
I just received my Compunurse temp probe. It is thin enough to fit between the CPU DIE and the HS. Judging by how far it went under the HS It should be right next to the CPU itself. The temps were constantly 10-11c below what the MB was reporting in CMOS.

I'm gonna make a perminate place for the probe and as I use it I'll post the differences between the probe and MB.

No need to make it permanent. Just find the difference for a couple of days then take it out and adjust the output MBM5 gives. Here is a thread on the subject. http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79924

Edit: you do not have it between the die!!!!!!! you have it next to the die. If it was between the die and the heatsink then it would be blocking thermal transfer between the die and the heatsink.

I'm running an ASUS A7v266e with a Swiftech 462A. I used the compunurse just as you did and measured 12C lower than MBM5.

Back