• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best heat sink under $40

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IMHO.
The Dr. Thermal Extreme has got some good reviews, from CrazyPC. Which I ordered Monday and is on it's way.
Or the Golden Gate from SVC.

thxs guys i will go with the ax-7 heat sink and a Tt 53cfm fan

dont go with the tt 53 cfm fan it does not put out 53 cfms. It is highly over rated. Plus it is a varialbe speed. The hotter the case gets the faster it spins. Go with the megatronics 80mm 53CFM fan. Its only 39dbs also.

One note on the mech, it has a sleeve over the wire giving it a loom effect like a enermax psu power line, and also comes with a 3pin lead for rpm sensoring( y split, rpm plugin and a 4pin for power).
very nice fan!

Agreed on both recommendations. The AX-7 is a great heatsink, keeps me nice and cool. And the Mechatronics fans put out a lot of air with less noise than many others... Mine is actually running with a Panaflo 80mm L1A 22CFM and keeps my chip right around 35C Idle, 37C Load.
Peace
John

I know the stats but I love my $25 speeze big rock that I killed the thermal pad and used artic silver II keeps my XP1900 @ 39 C with a load... and its o/c'd to 2100 speeds EDIT: its quiet too

I have a question about those tests. The Swiftech is rated at 0,30 C/W, but when you look inside the test, it's rated 0,14 for instance. So what is the real C/W then. I have emailed the writer, but so far gotten no respons, so I'm asking you guys.

elysium

elysium said:
I have a question about those tests. The Swiftech is rated at 0,30 C/W, but when you look inside the test, it's rated 0,14 for instance. So what is the real C/W then. I have emailed the writer, but so far gotten no respons, so I'm asking you guys.

elysium
on the heatsink recommendation page, the C/W refers to that of the test on the cpu sie simulator. using the simulator, you can get more accurate wattage and temp readings. look again in the review, theres a chart of it tested on the simulator and a separate chart with it tested on actual cpus.

Back