• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cross-flow fans?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

parkan

Are those any good? This puppy for example:
12639.jpg

MFG: MINEBEA P/N: WL1711-05W-B20-02 VOLTAGE: 24 VDC CURRENT: 280mA CFM: ~40 Noise: 44dB Metal impeller & housing. Sleeve bearings, 6" leads. L: 17" W: 2-1/2" H: 2-1/2” WT: 1.4
STOCK NO.
12639 FN PRICE
$9.95

I HAVE ONE OF THOSE!!!!!!!!!!

it looks exactly like it!!! but iv ran mine off 12v... i found it in a old copying machine i tore apart!

if i go with a huge tank for cooling my water im gonna use it for that.... otherwize ill prob stick it on the side of my case blowing in....

wait, mine is 8.25x1.75x1.75 but still blows quite a bit....

it pushes a good amount of air, but remember its 24v so your not gonna get full voltage unless you mod your psu for 24v or get a diff psu.... id say mine pushes 30cfm? at 12v and VERY quiet....

Yeah, I had a question about that. Can't you just ute the mobo's -12v connectors together with the molex 12volt connectors to get 12- - 12=24?

parkan said:
Yeah, I had a question about that. Can't you just ute the mobo's -12v connectors together with the molex 12volt connectors to get 12- - 12=24?

You'd get 24V maybe, depending on whether your PSU thought it was a short or not. However, you've probably only got about 300mA on the -12v line :( and that needs 280 of it, which could be a problem.

Road Warrior

hook it up to a spare psu... thats what im gonna do to mine...

I've got many PSUs in my house so I'll probably do that. If the -12 line is not in use for anything else, is it going to be ok? Thanks.

parkan said:

just buy a transformer ore buld one go to ore local electronic shop maybe they have them on the shelf other wise buld one its simpel here is how to do it cost a bout 5 to 10 $ max

Back