• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A strange bong problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ebonyks

Registered
I've decided to build a bong, and it's worked pretty well, but has had one major problem. I can't keep the damn thing upright. Whenever i take a hand off of it, it falls over in a few seconds. I decided to use a large container i had (no lid, was previously a drawer), i've tried duct taping the thing, but it doesn't balance. M question to all of you is how do you keep your bongs upright?

I've used the two main ways on my one bong (version 1&2).

Hold it at the top: Used a piece of plummer's tape screwed into the top. The other end was screwed to the wall unless I was cleaning it out or rearranging stuff. You can also use a bungee (elastic) cord with the hooks on each end to fasten it to something handy, or an eye hook screwed into the wall.

Hold it at the bottom: Cut a hole in a 2"x12"X12" board that's the same size as the outside diameter of the bong's bottom using a jigsaw...a little hot glue and violla. Paint it with the rest of the bong. This makes a nice large and stable base.

Have fun!

Thanks for the advice diggrr, whenever i've had a problem, you always seem to be able to help me. Anyway, i ended up cutting a rectangle out of the bottom of the tube for dranage, which conicedently enough, fits perfectly around my ehiem 1250. So far it's running well, in a pot albiet (There's something cool about being able to legitmately say that your bong is in pot)

Back