• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Correct me if I'm wrong please but...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Think of a CPU as yourself. There are two ways to make yourself hot(well we will assume this). One way is to simply stand in a hot room such as a sauna or go outside in the summer. This would be like increasing the Vcore to the CPU. The more heat around you, the hotter you are. Thus the more Vcore to the CPU, the hotter it gets. And just like humans, too much will burn the CPU.

But increasing the FSB(and the multiplier) will have the same effect. It would be the difference between walking down the street or running down the street. You will get hotter from the extra work of running down the street. Same for the CPU, the more cycles it goes through, the more heat it is going to produce.

Hope that helps. I know it isn't a perfect example but the best I could come up with on the spot.

and overclocking and watercooling is like swiming a race in the artic ocean;)

Back