• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for an article on evaporator cooling.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=HN=- Wild9

looking for an article on phase change cooling.

I remember that one member cooled his cpu with an evaporator setup and it was a really great post with pictures and all, i cant seem to find it though, it would have been awhile back, as a matter of fact, i think it made it on the main oc.com page. does anyone know what i am talking about? the reason i am wondering was that i just got an old ac window unit that put out 10,000 btu's and i was thinking of setting it up.

If i recall right this would be a post from around oct or so 2001

Last edited:
you mean the guy who made a phaze change system out of 2 de humidifiers and some other scrounged parts?

yeah it had to do with that, i could not remember the exact name of the setup Dahh phase change just slipped my mind for some reason, but yes i need some kind of how to on building a phase change setup.

ok there are alot of diffrent ways to do a phaze change system most people prefer to go with a refridgerated coolant tand run it through a wayter block personaly thats what im going to do. i have a link for the artical you wanted here it is http://www.overclockers.com/tips797/

nope this article is more like the one in a vapochill case
the condensor bulb is mounted to the cpu not a water block to run coolant through.

oh i c. was it like a little black unit that sits beside the case with an evaporator designed to fit on the athlon cpus.

dream caster said:
I don't know if it is what you remember, but this guy made himself a Vapochill like phase cooling device: http://home.talkcity.com/ConnectionPt/ptcg/athlon2-2.htm

EDIT. in his page he thanks those who helped him with posts and it looks like it was here

Thank you, that is the one, he posted what he did on the forums awhile back and he had a website too, ahhh finally :)

thats cool. glad you found what you were looking for. i just found the perfect fridge today so once payday comes around its time to build a new system since i just fried my druon which is my "in case ****" chip ill be getting an athlon xp probably so new cpu new cooling. the fridge i found is a hairer mini fridge it uses an r134a compressor at 1/16hp so its definatly quiet and its also verry compact.

Back