• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8kha+ Newb question; which PCI slots should I use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AceTKK

Registered
I am installing an old Turtle Beach soundcard and a NIC. Which PCI slots should I use to minimize conflicts? I'm running a standard install of WinXP, which I assume uses ACPI, and I have a Visiontek GForce3 Ti200 in the AGP slot . This is the final step to completing my system, so I appreciate any tips/experiences you can share.

thx,

-Ace-

Audio card: either in PCI slot 3 or 5, IRQ set to 5 --> DO not forget to DISABLE onboard audio in bios menu.

I copied this clip from Mshkin Rules config guide for the 8KHA+, which you can view HERE .

That is a great guide. It saved my life. I put my Audigy into my MOBO and had so many problems and headaches for a week until I stumbled upon that guide. I have my NIC in 2, Audigy in 3 and my 56k in 6. All works well with that config and THAT config only.

Back