• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got some probs with 4sda+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aintslgaengrr

Registered
i have some probs:
a) MBM shows ever 51°C (EVER)

b)the first time i started I went into bios -CPU idle- 48°C:eh?:
isn't this a bit toooo hot???(grrr... i know it is...)
Iworked the first time with AS3 does it need a time to have an effect?

c) by FSB nerby 150 i got a message from windows that there is a mistake in a file

well the hsf might not be on correctly are you sure that it is on correctly. you have to take out the mobo to really check it. but I would be worried if a p4A was giving such high temps.

well it was the version of mbm it didn't update...

currently i have it on 2248 mbm gives idle 47-50°
under load up to 58
i use the retail fan with AS3

but even in the bios it says 47C just after you boot the machine. I think that is too high. maybe try posting this in the AOA forum.

It's the board giving false readings. I have water cooling and with a amd xp-1900 overclocked to 1.8ghz and 1.95v I get 34c idle 37c load.
I put the 4sda in the same case, same everything and get 50c readings load with the 1.8 cpu at stock speed and voltage.

I have learned to just ignore it since the P-4 has built in thermal protection.

Could also be the version of MBM you're using, if you are using MBM as a monitoring tool, only the latest release officially supports the SiS 645 chipset, all earlier releases gave false readings or steady readings. I can't tell you for sure what the latest version number is, but it came out early this week I think.

I have a 4SDA which always reads 47C or which is displayed on the first boot up screen less than 5 seconds after power on. This is impossible since the 1.6A is runs without any problems at 2.2 GHz with the core at 1.9V. I've had some correspondence with Epox on this and they are not at all useful. If your system runs OK, don't worry about it, the motherboard (like many others) probably just can't read temperatures correctly. Mine ran Prime95 for 4 straight days without any errors and the temp averaged a little under 60C. BTW, I'm using an Alpha PAL8942T with ASII.

I have tried the beta usdm and found it is giving the case temp for the cpu with the 4SDA :(

Besides that we are saying even the bios reading is messed up.

Placid said:
I have tried the beta usdm and found it is giving the case temp for the cpu with the 4SDA :(

Besides that we are saying even the bios reading is messed up.

My bios is about the only one I trust. And even it is suspect.

I'm not gonna worry too much... my cpu is retail and runs nice and stable at 65C/59C/49C/35C or whatever. What difference does a number make when I know it's got a fat Alpha sitting on it and it runs good? :p

Back