• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cooling problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos88

Hi

I somewhat have a heating/cooling (depending on how you see it) problem. I have a asus a7v266e mobo with a athlon xp 1900+ at 1659 mhz. msi G4 ti 4400. my case temps are around 33 C and cpu 44 idle and almost 52 C full load. I have deducted 10C from the cpu temps what my motherboard sensor says because it seems to be a problem with the asus mobos. I know the best setting and i know somethings i could do but i'm not into modding at all (don't have the time, the patience, the skill, the tools, the knowledge etc)

My temps are taken with motherboard monitor, sandra and asus probe (the last two gives 10 degree C higher for the cpu temps)

i have as3 (applied following the instruction of the site) with a vantec 62540d hsf and a 80mm exhaust fan
i don't have an intake fan because the front of my case is blocked by the plastic panel so i think it's pretty useless.

what could i do to lower my temps without modding if possible and no watercooling.

thanks

First off WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

Sorry I see no way to get around it without modding. If you do mod the easy way to do it is to put a fan in the side of the case next to the processor using a hole saw, and to get a bigger Heatsink the AX-7 one of the best, at a very good price compared to a swiftech, with a medium cfm fan.Here is a link to a good site and here is a other link.

Good luck and have FUN.

any results that sandra reports, are they pretty accurate?
there is something i don't quite understand. if sandra reports that my cpu temp is 27 degrees cel. or 80.6 farh., what is the
power/aux temperature about? it reports 40 degrees cel or 104 degrees farh.

Back