• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling newbie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
I have been around here for quite a while but I haven't really ventured into cooling solutions that much, usually going for 'decent' heatsinks which work but aren't fantastic.

I am currently considering watercooling as an option - I have been offered a waterblock and i am planning to stick the rest together myself. I am not looking for stunning performance, just load temps of under 50C, under 40C if possible. I also want the cooling to be as quiet as possible, so that unless you listen closely you wont be able to tell if the PC is on or not.

1) The Pump
Would an aquarium pump be good enough? It would be quite quiet and small enough. Would it move enough water?

2) The tubing
This is probably the most difficult one. What width would work well? Would some kind of garden hose work?

3) The radiator
I am looking for a smallish one. Would some car radiator work? Or where in the UK could I buy one?

4) The resevoir
A sealed perspex box is my current idea, but I am open to suggestions.

I suggest to start some reading on watercooling at the front page. There are loads of info there for all of your questions.
Then use the Forum search to find your pumps ... etc. Short cuts does not work very well

Back