• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

delta or what

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samcim69

what size fan can i put on my ax7.ive got a ys 80mm @49cfm but want a bit more punch but not a screamin delta 80mm
(to loud)

Last edited:
Maximus Nickus said:
Thats just 4CFM more than the one he's got!!!

Try making a 120MM > 80MM adapter, 100CFM silence:D
how do i do that thats what i want yeaa,"cool"

I think you would have to build something like this:

fanexblue.jpg

The one in the picture is 60mm to 80mm but you would need 80mm to 120mm. It seems as if 120mm is too big for the proc heatsink though, maybe try 92mm if you don't want 120mm.

The ones you buy, www.plycon.com has them, restrict flow alot. What you might want to do is use a piece of plexi to make an adapter. Something like this with a flat piece of plexi

rlemieux said:
The ones you buy, www.plycon.com has them, restrict flow alot. What you might want to do is use a piece of plexi to make an adapter. Something like this with a flat piece of plexi
i live in the uk ive seen the 1 i want from plycon do you know if there is 1 over here

Go for the Delta with its static vanes and if it's too loud for you (it probably is) get a rheostat and quiet it down.

A Delta 68CFM running at a lower voltage is much better than a 50CFM fan with no static vanes.

I have the AX-7 with a Delta 8038SHE (68CFM) and a Thermaltake Fan Speed Control that sits in a spare PCI slot for ease of use and now the delta is humming rather than screaming :)

thanks that sounds good ive been to overclockers.uk and thay have got all them thanks

There's also a Delta 8038, I think the HHE model which is actually quiet. It provides 48CFM. If you don't want to mess with a rheostat, I would suggest this one.

The Delta 8038SHE moves 68CFM at 12V, so at about 9V that it's running now I'd guesstimate something like 50. I can also run it at about 6V (about 30CFM) but I lose air pressure and temps increase more, plus there's a (slight) chance that the fan won't even start at this voltage.

Anyway, at 9V all I hear is a nice hum :)

You can make them out of cardboard if you so wish.

Just get a Ruler, a Pencil, Some tape and sicssors and of course one brain. (I know it heres somewhere, rumages through trash:D)

do you know where i can get a 80mm-120mm adaptor from in the uk i dont fancy makin' 1 out of cardboard ha!!

Simply use a Dremel to cut through the Plexi, and use Cement or Super Glue to affix it together.

(Just careful of the cement fumes:D) I would also make many cardboard prototypes before to make sure you get it absolutely correct, and when cutting Plexi dont rush, go slow else it could crack.

Good Luck!
M_N

Back