• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

welcome Jackywebdesign.....our newest member

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Welcome - I did read your question and I was actually embarrassed to ask what wincooler is :rolleyes:

wincooler is a CPU cooling program, like rain and all those other ones out there, rain doesn't do the same thing, and wincooler only does it when it's "cooling enabled" and running in the foreground, weird problem, huh??:confused: :(

Jackywebdesign said:
wincooler is a CPU cooling program, like rain and all those other ones out there, rain doesn't do the same thing, and wincooler only does it when it's "cooling enabled" and running in the foreground, weird problem, huh??:confused: :(

If Wincooler is like Rain, it changes a set in the BIOS lo allow the CPU to truly idle when it's not used, right?

The proble is that if you are running SETI you cycles will be used and WIncooler won't work!!!!! Maybe that's the problem.

I once tried to use Rain to cool my CPU, but after I made a research and found that in order to the BIOS change to work your machine must not do anything, I unistalled and continued running SETI 24/7 :).

Back