• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bought Epox 8K3A+, have questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mustang302

Registered
Just put this system together. XP 2100+ with the 8K3A+ and 256 megs 2100 ddr ram. How do i get this thing screamin :). What is the best mods to do for my setup. For some reason i keep getting memory dump when i try to run WINCPUID :( . Any suggestions would be helpful with this thing. Thanks. Should i update to the newest bios?

People have been saying they get the best results from the 2328 bios so you may want to give that one a shot.Try that and see if it clears up your mem dumps,if not then you will need to go to the bios under the advanced chipset,then dram clock settings and it will say if the ram is running at 133 or 166,It is probably defaulted itself at 166 and your ram cant handle it,just change it to 133 and you should be fine.Are you running the ram settings at normal or a higher settings?

I have the same board, same CPU, but went with the Corsair 2700 (which was DOA and I'm in the middle of returing it :( ).

Watch out for the "Turbo, Faster, Fast, Normal" default settings in the BIOS. Pick "Normal" but hand select you're fsb speeds for your DDR and your CPU.

Also set the CAS and other settings for your memory. If you're running 2100, you might not get a full 2/2/2 out of it, so adjust accordingly.

Good Luck,

Wedo

Its Corsair ram. When i get home i will try a few things that you mentioned. It is also set at Turbo right now. What other overclocking settings can i do to this thing. THANKS!

Come on now!!! What can i do in the Bios to make thsi thing scream, list al the mods. And i just bought the TI440, what can i do to this thing also, anything that is safe.

:)
well u could set all the memory setting to turbo and manually set ur ram to cl=2 but i dunno if the default voltage is sufficient for ur ram to run at cl2.

i need 2.7x for my kingmax to run at 166fsb @ cl2

and use the 2328 bios, it will show u the agp/pci divider when u overclock

the best way to use a kt333 chipset is to make the system run 166fsb so unlock ur cpu and lower ur multiplier and make it run 166fsb

:)

FIRST...UNLOCK your CPU
SECOND..LOWER your multiplier (IE..8 or 9)
THIRD...PUT in 166 as your FSB
FOUTH...BOOT, then gradually increase your FSB

i am hoping when i get my board to get ATLEAST 183FSB

also make sure you check your ram settings like was said above, and WELCOME to the forums:D

Back