• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 8K3A+ What REV IS IT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DodgeViper

Just received my new 8K3A+ from NewEgg. How to I determind what REV it is by looking at it. I would have thought it would have been on the box.

NewEgg had been running out of these mobo's really quick and I had waited a few orderings on their part to purchase my mobo.

Any idea?

S--t, the one they sent me is a 1.0. It's going back unless someone can convince me that all it needs is a bios update.

What is the difference between 1.0-1.1-1.2. I think I read it had something to do with the onboard audio that I could care a less about.

According to EpoX the different rev's are only about the onboard audio. 1.0 has the crappy one and 1.2 has the best one. I use a sound card anyway, I have 1.0 and it runs great. Get the 2328 bios and crank your memory to 190! Oh, and don't freak out if your temps go WAY up. There is a 5-10C difference on mine compared to my compunurse touching the core.

hey about the temp thing. i have that same exact problem. i dont have compu nurse and really dont wanna go and take my alpha out (removing whole mobo) to check if i buy it. what do you get load and how much of a diff is it. i get 54Load at 1.80 vcore

Back