• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official Detonators 28.32 Re-Released Today!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
u think its worth the time to uninstall the 28.32's i got now for these?
-Malakai

You might want to give them a try...couldn't hurt. They're probably more stable (as in fewer IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD's and such), but whether or not they perform any better than the reference drivers is another matter.;)

Last edited:
i havent had a BSOD since i ditched the 9x kernel last year. Well, unless i was o/c'ing too high.
my uptime is 2 weeks now, a month before that, and a month before that. the antivirus updates make me reboot or i wouldnt at all. this is all while gaming, benching, and folding 24/7
-Malakai
ps: i may still try em though

redduc900 - Any news if the DV can now load during start up? would you happen to know if it's possible to hack the registry to do this? Thanks Man:beer:

Any news if the DV can now load during start up? would you happen to know if it's possible to hack the registry to do this?
You might want to give this a try sonny...if Windows doesn't remember your "Digital Vibrance"/Color settings, in the Nvidia Display Properties...on start-up:

Go to the WinXP Services Configuration (Administrative Tools | Services) and STOP the utility:

"NVIDIA DRIVER HELPER SERVICE"

Right click on it, go to "Properties", and select "Manual" (so it will not load automatically on boot).

Now your color settings should load on startup.;)

Last edited:
Sorry sonny, I didn't realize you were running Win98 SE. If you haven't already, download RivaTuner RC10.2 from Guru3D here...

http://guru3d.com/rivatuner/

I'm not sure if you're familiar with RT's interface, so I'll tell you how to access the Digital Vibrance setting. When you open RT for the first time, you'll be greeted with two flashing arrow buttons (both of which say "Customize..." next to them, one in the "Target Adapter" box and the other in the "Driver Settings" box).

Click on the lower "Customize" button (in the "Driver Settings" box), and you'll see six buttons with different icons. Click the icon that looks like a monitor...under the "Desktop" tab you'll see the "Digital Vibrance" slider control. Adjust the DV from here, reboot and check to make sure your settings were saved.;)

wow, i never even noticed that DV shuts off after reboot. i love DV!
Trancebear, what else does that reg hack do? and if im on Rtuner already can i do that in XP?
ive had some bad experiences with registry hacking
-Malakai

redduc900 said:
Sorry sonny, I didn't realize you were running Win98 SE. If you haven't already, download RivaTuner RC10.2 from Guru3D here...

http://guru3d.com/rivatuner/

I'm not sure if you're familiar with RT's interface, so I'll tell you how to access the Digital Vibrance setting. When you open RT for the first time, you'll be greeted with two flashing arrow buttons (both of which say "Customize..." next to them, one in the "Target Adapter" box and the other in the "Driver Settings" box).

Click on the lower "Customize" button (in the "Driver Settings" box), and you'll see six buttons with different icons. Click the icon that looks like a monitor...under the "Desktop" tab you'll see the "Digital Vibrance" slider control. Adjust the DV from here, reboot and check to make sure your settings were saved.;)
No way to do it via the registry?

I haven't been able to find out what the Registry entries are AFA the DV control, but I'm working on it. I did find out that the newest version of Powerstrip (v. 3.15 I believe) downloadable from here...

http://www.entechtaiwan.com

...sorts out the "color correction always defaulting to off" problem, and the 60Hz refresh problem without having to use any other utilities (nvreffix/refreshlock)...you can even alter the color corrections (gamma/contrast/brightness) in game!;)

redduc900 said:
I haven't been able to find out what the Registry entries are AFA the DV control, but I'm working on it. I did find out that the newest version of Powerstrip (v. 3.15 I believe) downloadable from here...

http://www.entechtaiwan.com

...sorts out the "color correction always defaulting to off" problem, and the 60Hz refresh problem without having to use any other utilities (nvreffix/refreshlock)...you can even alter the color corrections (gamma/contrast/brightness) in game!;)
Thanks a bunch:clap: Powerstrip I can live with, using 3.03 build 216 right now, anything else I dont get along with. Let me know when you figure it out. Have you ever thought of making your own utility? I bet you can ake a great one:beer:

The following Registry Keys apply to the DVC settings in Windows XP...AFA Windows 98, you'll need to do a "Find" in the Registry for the following "Value Name":
"ColorSaturationBoostHeadA"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | CurrentControlSet | Control | Video | {AC05A5E5-9D4E-47D4-9E2C-B54ECF520D3F} | 0000 | ColorSaturationBoostHeadA

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | ControlSet001 | Control | Video | {AC05A5E5-9D4E-47D4-9E2C-B54ECF520D3F} | 0000 | ColorSaturationBoostHeadA

The following Binary values correspond to the DVC settings of Off, Low, Medium, and High...with the Binary "Name": "ColorSaturationBoostHeadA". Modify the values as follows...
  • Off...Binary "Value Data" of......00 00 00 00
  • Low....................."...............01 00 00 00
  • Medium................."..............02 00 00 00
  • High....................."...............03 00 00 00

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

How about that utility? C'mon man:D I bet you could write one to that would make the other utilities out there look like kids play. I'll BETA test it for you:cool:

sonny said:
Thanks a bunch
How about that utility? C'mon man:D I bet you could write one to that would make the other utilities out there look like kids play. I'll BETA test it for you:cool:
Call me tester #2!

that would be an awesome idea:cool:

-Malakai

Back