• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4in1 AGP prob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WarriorII

Moderator #666
Doesn't matter what version. If I install the VIA 4in1 drivers. My system hangs / Freezes.
I uninstall them and I'm fine.
This in on a Asus A7V266-E mobo.

Hardware installed:

a7v266e mobo
Quantum fireball Hdd 20 gig 7200 ATA100
GF4 Ti44000 (latest drivers work with out 4in1's)
Netgear 3510 lan card in slot 5

I know its the VIA AGP Driver.
Any 1 have a similar prob or a fix ?

Thanks.
:cool:

that can be about the AGP interface.
first try installing all the others (except GART) to check if GART is really the problem. if the system still hangs there is something else to look for.
check if the AGP interface is not set to 1X, you can do this using the mainboard module on SANDRA. i dont think the ti4400 supports the !X interface.
...or, if you notice the AGP interface is set to 4X you can try setting it to 2X in the BIOS.

GART - huh? wah... what is GART?

Sandra reports AGP @ 4x.
. i dont think the ti4400 supports the !X interface

OK, again. huh? what is "!X" ?

Speak English please. ;)

Funny thing happened last night. I flashed the BIOS from the 1004. I think that's what it needed.
Gonna do some testing when I get off work today to be sure.
BIOS update - go figure.

:eh?:

Methinks oTTO is referring to the AGP portion of the 4in1 drivers i.e. the GART driver that it installs. The GART Driver allows the AGP video card to use a part of the system RAM as an extension of its own memory.

I also think the !x is a typo, he means 1x, or single-rate AGP. The GF4 series requires at least 2xAGP support.

Ahhhhhh....... thanx. I understand now.
{BING! Light goes on in head }

I have never seen anything refering to GART tho. In the BIOS or elsewhere.

Thanks.
:cool:

I think its called viagart or viagart1, when you install the 4in1s just remove the checkmark from the box for agp driver (or whatever it says in the 4in1 installation box).

Back