• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking to Upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Javelar2

Registered
I currently have my XP 1900 on a ASUS A7v133 and it runs great. Haven't unlocked it yet. I don't think I would get same performance out of this MB that I would get a MB with DDR ram Can any one recommend a good MB. BTW I'm on a buget.

Javelar

Well I have a group of about 15 friends that LUV Asus, but recently they stopped buying them because they don't Overclock as well.

Asus is not my Area of Expertise though.

With that chip of your if you want to over-clock, you will want a KT333 board.

The new ABIT AT7 board is sweet, especially if you want an integrated board with lots of features. Only you will have to buy a USB KB if you don't have one already.

The Epox is probably a better overclocker board.

4 of my ASUS friends just bought the Epox.

I am an ABIT fan, but I couldn't wait for the Abit KX board. I had to decide on giving up my PS2 or going with a Voltage Friendly Epox board.

If you can find it in stock, you can get the non-raid version for like 95 bucks. 300W PWS is fine if you don't OC your board, or run any lights etc. I have a 450.

You will need DDR ram to go with your new board though.

So I suggest you get a 333 board and some PC2100. The Epox about 15 bucks more than the lower end boards.

And if you wanna OC you will want PC2700 or 3000

Hey I notice your running an OC's XP 1900 and cooling with H2O, Can I get away with air cooling if I OC'c mine and use PC2700-3000?

Javelar

Sure, you don't have to have Water to OC, but you will probably have to be more careful with your temps, or you will fry your chip.

Back