• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Refresh Rate Fix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lersia

Registered
I have a geforce 3 and I can't seem to play my games at a higher refresh rate than 60hz........ The older Nvidia drivers would fix this problemn..... The newer drivers will not work with it... HELP

click the start button, then click run and type dxdiag, that brings up the directX diagnostic tool. click on the more help tab, then click override. In that windows click the little check box beside override value and type in the refresh rate you want (ie 75, 85), then click ok and exit.

Do you have an LCD monitor? I found that my laptop will not run directdraw above 60Hz on the LCD screen, but will run higher when I hook to a regular monitor. The laptop has an ATI card, but I thought this info might be helpful...

Guys, there is a much easier solution! You need to set up your actual monitor model instead of using 'Plug and Play' monitor.

Right Click My Computer->Properties->Hardware Tab->Device Manager->Monitors.

You will probably see listed there a 'Plug and Play' monitor. Just Right Click->Scan for Hardware Changes. If Windows does not find a different monitor, you may have to manually change it. To do this, Right CLick your PnP monitor, ->Update Driver->Manually Install from Chosen location...the key here is to go to your monitor manufacturer's website and download the .inf file for you monitor into a certain directory and then point Window to that directory.

After I did this, I go to Control Panel->Display->Settings->Advanced->Monitor and now I have a drop-down menu with refresh rate options.

I mean 60Hz in games and non-Windows-desktop applications that run full screen at different resolutions.

My monitor is configure dcorrectly with correct drivers @ 85hz in Windows. The problem is in my games and other full-screen apps.

Yakbak, just do what i said in my first post. it should allow you to control the refresh rate for all directX games/apps.

here what you do

You need to download rivatuner v2.0, and install it within that program is a 60hz registery fix. I had the same problem with my geforce 4 Ti4600. I am using same drivers as you and im running windows XP Pro. This will do the trick. I tried everything but this fixed it.

Just a question, does the RivaTuner fix change the refresh rates from 60 to the max supported on your monitor? I only want 85Hz for all my applications, not 100 or 120, as it's detected as non-standard by my monitor, and looks funny.

Is there a way to custom set the refresh rate with RivaTuner, perhaps by editing the registry?

rivatuner sets it to the max your monitor can use. That way windows can't use any other refreshrate. =) have fun

Back