• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want to buy: P4 1,8 - Gigabyte Ga-8ITXR - 256 MB Ram Infineon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ccg

Hi,
I want to buy a P4 1,8 - Gigabyte Ga-8ITXR - 256 MB Ram Infineon. And I will cool my components with a water cooling.....
I want to overclock my p4 1,8 to 2,5ghz.
Is this Board good enough? Because in the discription from gigabyte: FSB from 100 to 133,33. But I want to overclock the p4 18*140FSB=2520Mhz.
Does that go?
And the Rams? Are they good enough too for overclocking to FSB 140mhz??
Please answer.
Thanks

Take a couple of minutes and do some searching with the search button, I'm sure your find plenty of posts about the components you want to buy.

I want to get a answer for my special question with this components...
Before i had posted this post i have searched without a passable result.
Also please ! answer me on my problem...

Thats not a good overclocking board from what I read

400MHz FSB(standard) and support (100~133.33) x 4 MHz 10 scales FSB setting from BIOS

And your answer to the 140 fsb is No

Alot of people that are using RDRAM seem to be using the Abit TH7-II raid mobo

It has FSB 100Mhz to 255Mhz in steps of 1Mhz

And just to continue on that vain: I'm not sure the Infineon DDR SDRAM is that good. They make splendid SDR, but at least the early DDR was not so special (in fact it pretty much sucked).

Things might have changed by now, but I'd do a web search on the RAM as well and not just buy Infineon because of they're great SDR reputation.

I'm going to buy other components. I have informated me.
CPU: P4 1,8Ghz Still :)
Board: Asus P4T-E
RAM: 2*256 RDRAM SAMSUNG
Is that very good to overclock?

ccg said:
Hi,
I want to buy a P4 1,8 - Gigabyte Ga-8ITXR - 256 MB Ram Infineon. And I will cool my components with a water cooling.....
I want to overclock my p4 1,8 to 2,5ghz.
Is this Board good enough? Because in the discription from gigabyte: FSB from 100 to 133,33. But I want to overclock the p4 18*140FSB=2520Mhz.
Does that go?
And the Rams? Are they good enough too for overclocking to FSB 140mhz??
Please answer.
Thanks

If you go DDR, get a 4BDA Epox variety with samsung 2700 and a 1.6a, by far the best DDR solution in many peoples opinion. If you go rdram the only choice is the th-7

Back