• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmike314

Registered
HELP!!!

I just installed a new HSF on my PIII 700E processor in attempt to bring down the system temp. SANDRA says it was running around 44C w/ factory HSF.

Now - with the new HSF a Kingwin KAE-3031 I get some different temp readings. Sandra now gives me a board temp and a CPU temp instead of just a system temp. board @ 34C / cpu @ 117C.

QUESTION:
Are these bad temp readings?
If the readings are good.....Are the temps to high?

Nothing is overclocked...everything is running a standard levels.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
jms

uhh..i'd say 117C isnt too healthy...

did you put some ASII or ASIII on the chip? if so, make sure it's making contact with the HSF...

other than that, PLEASE dont turn on your computer until you get it fixed!!!

-peter

dont look good, did you apply the right amount of thermal compound about a grain of rice.

That man has one good processor. Let us put things in perspective. 117°C is exactly 243°F!!! Either way that knocks the wind outta me. Do what these guys advised and gets some thermal compound and make very very sure that your heatsink is properly fastened. There is no reason whatsoever that your temps should be 117°C. So its either a drastic mistake on some computer part. Or your heatsink is totally not touching the CPU die. Good luck....you've had plenty already...let us hope it holds out. :D

Wow, I wish I had been the lucky...especially that one time...:)

If your at 117C your chip is about to fry. Make sure the heatsink is making contact. If I were you Id so something quick, maybe even put back on the stock hsf.....

In complete theory, there is NO WAY IN HOLY HADES that your comptuer is running at 117C and STILL running. I mean dude, an athlon cant even withstand heat like that to my knowledge. Maybe it meant you are at 117F or something, cuz 117C is no way possible....maybe Sandra is malfunctioning.....

There are other ways, like temperature probes

thats definitely wrong, the app posting it @ 117C, thats not right, if it was 117C it'd be burned up..117C=240+F so u prolly dont have the right thermal sensor selected

ok...now i'm getting ****ed.

1st - i didn't have the Kingwin HSF on the cpu....grabbed an old one by mistake.
2nd - put on the kingwin and downloaded MBM5

now the big problem.....when i run MBM5 i have a board temp of 34C and now my cpu temp is 127C

so...by all rights my **** should be glowing right now...but it aint
if anyone can help me out i'd really appreciate it.

system:
PIII 700e
ABIT BX6 r2
256mb PC100
300W P/S
80mm fan in front blowing in - 50mm fan in back blowing out
Kingwin HSF - P/S fan

i even have the doors off.......
if anyone knows the proper setup for MBM5 on this system please tell me - and please dont tell me to use the "help file"...for some reason it wasn't in the download and i can't find it anywhere on the site

there is absolutely no way this cpu is running over 100C....i'd be able to feel the heat from the machine and i can promise you that its fairly cool on the inside

jms

ok...now i'm getting ****ed.

1st - i didn't have the Kingwin HSF on the cpu....grabbed an old one by mistake.
2nd - put on the kingwin and downloaded MBM5

now the big problem.....when i run MBM5 i have a board temp of 34C and now my cpu temp is 127C

so...by all rights my **** should be glowing right now...but it aint
if anyone can help me out i'd really appreciate it.

system:
PIII 700e
ABIT BX6 r2
256mb PC100
300W P/S
80mm fan in front blowing in - 50mm fan in back blowing out
Kingwin HSF - P/S fan

i even have the doors off.......
if anyone knows the proper setup for MBM5 on this system please tell me - and please dont tell me to use the "help file"...for some reason it wasn't in the download and i can't find it anywhere on the site

there is absolutely no way this cpu is running over 100C....i'd be able to feel the heat from the machine and i can promise you that its fairly cool on the inside

jms

Wow!!! That can't be right. Most MOBO shut down when the CPU reaches 175F.

Where are you getting your temp readings? Is it from you MOBO BIOS or MOBO Software? If it is, you may want to check for an updated BIOS. I know ASUS has a similar problem with their AliMagic MOBOs.

And, did you put down any thermo grease between the heat sink and the the CPU...preferrable on the core but I don't know how Intel's design will let you attach directly to the core.

Until you think you've fixed the problem, I'd open the case and aim a box fan into it. Get some serious air moving.
:beer:

there is no way he is running at that temp

i used to get the same readings when using MBM5 check your temps in your Bios

then make sure u have MBM5 config'ed right

Back